Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Little teaser....

Ok, ok, I know, I KNOW, I keep saying that I'm going to post a blog post on this one and not my other blog (bluepheonixinn.blogspot.com, which is very gamer geek), but really I have been uber busy and uber overwhelmed with ye olde sewing room.

You see, we had a yard sale at the house right after I got back from my trip (I Know that was in March) and we moved a ton of stuff into my sewing room for "temporary" storage. Well, I'm lazy what can I say and while I HAVE been working on stuff, I haven't finished organizing so that I can put stuff on my good buddy Matilda.  Or figure out a way to make Matilda closer to my proportions (which really isn't that hard, just have to wrap some batting around her until her measurements match mine).

Anywho, I've got some pictures that I can put up, some OLD pictures of stuff that I have done and ONE picture of the dress I'm working on right now.

Ok, so here's me in my Rennissance Court dress (please note that I really can't stand that hat and have since replaced the dern thing!).



This dress took me about three years to put together, and you will notice all of the needlework on it.  Not the most period correct thing in the universe, but it's an attention-getter!  This photo was taken at Texas Rennissance Festival in "Houston" about.... 7 years ago? Maybe more.  Still wear it on occasion and hope to wear it down there if we get to go for my birthday-ish weekend.

This one is NOT me.  This is my roommate, but I did make this dress for her. *


 
It's from Dallas Heritage Village and we made it for their 1893 exhibit.

And finally, this is what I'm working on right now.



Which is defintely not on Matilda.  This is a pattern from Harriet's  collection of Civil War patterns, this one based on a 1857/58 dress.  The good thing about these patterns is while there are an expectation of some level of experience in garmet construction, the pattern mostly comes up to my size (cause I am most certainly NOT a petite wallflower, farm girl through and through!).

Ok, so look for more soon.  We are SUPPOSED to clear out the sewing room this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to post some more soon.

*Yes, I know that I don't have a picture up yet, but I'm at work and I thought I had a copy of it here, but I don't.  It'll be up soon. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment