Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The post that's not about sewing

Ok, so I've been a bit grumpy lately, and I've been wracking my brain to figure out why and after going through all of the usual suspects, (Birthday in 6 days, demolition site of a sewing room, in charge at work, etc) I think I have figured it out.

I'm have a Senior in High School moment.

Now, I know that a lot of  you out there HATED High School, but really for the most part, I loved it (I also loved College, Grad School, term papers and finals, so I'm odd, ok?).

And I know that most of you that are reading this are familiar with me and my work (let's call it Office-R-Us) and the little.... issue with the continued employment of some of my colleagues.

But for a recap, waaaaay back in June of 2009 Office-R-Us had a big push to hire a bunch of people for a new service center.  Now, as we end 2011 we are getting ready to launch a global center, not here, somewhere else.

Sooooo, a lot of people are losing their jobs, and some of us very fortunate people are getting reassigned to do other things.

The problem is, since Oct of 2009 I have been working closely with a bunch of ummmmm.  Heck, what can I call them that can be all code.  Ok, lets just say that I've been working closely with a great bunch of people for over two years now.

That's where the High School Senior moment comes in.

Back when I started this post (I am NOT a procrastinator, it was only before Halloween) it was almost the last Halloween (and my Birthday) that we were going to be working together.

Now it's almost the last Thanksgiving.  I mentioned to one of my .... people.... (gotta get a better word) about it and she mentioned Christmas was coming, I almost broke down cause this is the last Christmas that I'll be helping her out.

No wonder I'm not much in the holiday spirit.  Sigh.

But this blog isn't really about work. It's supposed to be about my costumes and dolls and quilts and such, and as such I'm gonna try to get back on track.  It's a loooooong weekend coming up, and hopefully I can start sewing soon.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment